Heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Aishwariya for this nomination! I am grateful to her and all those who take time from their day to read what I write. It warms my heart and certainly motivates me to improve!
I was finishing a long week at work and preparing to fly back to Virginia to spend much needed time with my children and grandchildren when this award was presented, so I greatly apologize for my delay in responding. I have to laugh at myself when I recall writing the post No Time To Garden (about having time but not space in my life) because recently the internal space is there but a lack of physical time. Such seems to be the unpredictable nature of life.
The Versatile Blogger Award is given in recognition for the commitment, diverse talents and generosity shown by bloggers in our WordPress community. The rules are:
- Nominate at least 15 blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
- Share seven different facts about yourself.
It is my honor and privilege to pass this award to 15 others who have inspired me…a happy challenge as I enjoy reading from so many great blogs on WordPress! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and enjoy their contributions as I have:
- Looking Through A Frosty Window
- Dinkel Island Small Talk
- Canvas Of Thoughts
- Story Shucker
- Mixed Girl Vibe
- Ordinary Adventures
- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Jeyna Grace
- To Live A Life Less Ordinary
- Nicholas Rossis
- Muddling Through My Middle Age
- Defining Wonderland
- Souldier Girl
- The Ninth Life
- Cajun Girl In A Kilt
I dare say reading these 15 blogs will be more interesting than what I can think to say of myself, but here goes…
- I seem to live a life in constant transition since my divorce 5 years ago. (to be expected I suppose). I keep waiting for things to settle. (…crickets chirp as I scan the horizon for that reality to materialize!) I went through the years of raising my five children with a vision of my 50’s…and this ain’t it! But this is good. Maybe better? Well, it is what I make of it so it will be better! A big goal is to volunteer with Habitat For Humanity. I have located the hub near me and downloaded the application. Now there is the actual doing to be done.
- Sometimes I am far too introspective.
- I want to learn how to dance to the song “In The Mood”…just so I can be graceful on the dance floor of life when that song finally plays.
- My primary vocation has been homemaking. My youngest son is moving home after a year away at school to attend a local college. I’m excited that we get to share an apartment again and I can make a home for more than just me! When the nest is finally empty I know my life won’t be…a joyous season for everything.
- On days when I feel low I find solace wandering the bakery and cheese displays at our local market. I take comfort in a dinner/movie night of fresh bread, soft cheese, red wine, and olives. Maybe some steamed asparagus if a good bunch is available, and a movie or tv series that fits my mood. I am currently catching up on the television series The Americans. (although not sure what that says about my mood?)
- I am a turtle in a rabbit’s world. The prospect of racing does not appeal to me. Life is a journey of discovery. Consequently, I’m a little out of sync with everything around me. But I’m okay with that.
- Blogging is a writing challenge for me that requires perseverance and discovery of what I might even have to say. I feel so often that I haven’t found my voice in writing the way I have in painting or other areas of creative expression. The encouragement and empowerment found in this community of writers blesses me tremendously. The greatest blessing is in the reading of so many wonderful and thought provoking posts by a variety of bloggers!
Thanks to all of you who make this world richer and more connected!!